Thursday, September 21, 2006

I walk that path so often
In these subsequent times
Hoping for one glimpse of you
Among the dark pines.
I stand in the sunshine
And search for your bright smile,
Your golden hair
Against the blue-eyed sky.

I drive that road every day
And nearing that hill pray
That over its crest I find
Your slim, tall figure
Slouching home.

We are propelled into the future
Like a semi on our bumper
Every moment farther from those we loved
And who loved us.
We leave forever behind
The hour we last shared
And any last chance
To offer a caring word
A kindness, or needed help
To save, or at least ease
The loneliness and pain,
Or just simply afford us now
Some small fragment of peace.

They tell me you are at peace
I neither know nor care
You should be here with us
But never will again.
So in this aching emptiness
I spend my hours
In some sense waiting
To someday be with you.

Applu Stupified

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?