Wednesday, June 21, 2006

hey, this is a part of chapter 13 from my book....it sorta describes in brief the grief i went through.....the highlighted part reads it out.....don worry i will send it to u in detail pretty soon....


Jake came out triumphantly from the recording room with a gleam on his face. He found his partner sitting in a corner with a paper in his hand and all curled up. “Will, what’s up with you?” Will held out a paper to him. He took it and scanned it from top to bottom twice. “What’s up with this? Why are you like this?” He stood up and pointed to the surname of Burke Johnson and to the line below it. Jake read out “ Duke Johnson”. Will pointed at his badge. It read Will Johnson. “Could it be” Jake started before Will interrupted, “Yes!! Duke Johnson is my dad. And this is the secret my dad always wanted to tell me. He had another son. I had a brother. I remember seeing my dad in his deathbed long ago. He took my hand and struggled to tell me something. Choking out he said something like seek out your blood and that was the last thing he said. Now I know what he meant.” Will said wiping the tears that had started to come from his eyes. Jake gave Will a hug. “Its okay man, you got another brother don’t you” he said. “Thanks a lot man, Your the best” Will choked out. Jake could understand how bad his felt. Losing a brother was the worst tragedy that can happen in anybody’s life. It was a long lost sad memory of his fall and now with Will in his arms it came up fresh. Jake was very young, probably 17 doing his last year of high school. Nearing graduation day one day while he was sleeping his grandma who was crying waked him up. He got to know the news that his brother had met with a bike accident and was lying serious in the hospital very far. He was helpless and wanted to go see him but couldn’t. He gathered all his friends around to keep himself from losing hope which he didn’t do from the start. He always believed my elder brother will beat all odds and step back beside. Not for a second he cried nor was he scared. But then suddenly news came from his mother that his brother was no more. He sank to his knees and shouted out in pain. For three whole days he cried his heart out watching his near and dear ones also share the grief. Till the moment he saw his brother no more. That was the moment Jake gathered strength and decided this world rests on my shoulders and I cant show my grief anymore. My brother would want me happy. Years after that he cried here and there but never in front of others. He hid his grief to himself. Past had been long forgotten since then but he couldn’t help remembering after seeing Will’s tears. “I think you need sometime on your time. Take tomorrow off man. I’m serious” Jake said understanding the pain. Will managed a smile and walked away. Jake couldn’t bear this sight. He himself decided he needed a break and decided to sort out his personal feelings and then get back to work. He took his black SUV to a very big mansion near the edge. He walked up the porch with his head down. He rang the bell. A lady of perhaps 60 opened the door. He flung his arms around her. “Welcome home son!” She said. Hearing the commotion his dad came from upstairs. He was also very happy to have seen him. After years Jake finally his father’s happy which had spent so many years in darkness.

hope your happy ....
bye for now
ganesh

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?